Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ohhhh Hedi...

Hallelujah Holla Back!


Favoritos from Dior Homme Fall 2007 by Hedi Slimane


Military Boots.





















































































When it seemed like Hedi Slimane was running out of ideas and just recycling the whole ridiculously skinny everything, Josh Hubbard/Pete Doherty licking scheme every season, he comes in and does something like this. And it came at a good time too. I'm getting kinda overwhelmed by the whole New Rave thing that all the fucking European kids are getting off on. I'll take mod suits and military boots over smiley masks and seafoam green tights anyday.

See, when Hedi Slimane fell in love with the Libertines inspired English rock'n'roll scene (i.e. the tailored suits of Pete Doherty and the super skinny jeans of The Paddingtons' Josh Hubbard), and used that aesthetic in his designs, every rock'n'roll poser (myself included) had to suddenly have slim leather jackets, deep v-necks (or something that shows tits and bellies), and the skinniest jeans we could find. However, when every kid in England started copping the Dior Homme look and Hedi Slimane seemed to be resting on his creation, it looked like everyone started to get a wee bit bored. Sooo, since rock'n'roll was dull now, they decided that it was time for the next great music/fashion revival and, god help us, decided that it was rave culture's time. Coming off the heels of the Klaxons came this MDMA-zing explosion of color, smiley faces, and fucking tights. But let's be honest here, it's not really a rave revival is it? Fucking tights? Even the most E'd up, baby sucker sucking maniac from 1990 wore actual pants (granted they were probably fucking parachutes but whatever). In my world, the only guys that wear tights are professional wrestlers. And don't get me wrong, I'm down for androgyny but I'm never ever down for ugly. Luckily for us, with this collection, Hedi Slimane successfully changed things up a bit. Hopefully, the kids will see this rock'n'roll masterpiece, get off their MDMA highs, realize that they look like ugly ballerinas, and burn their new rave shit. Hopefully. Either that or Europe explodes before this thing catches on in America.

New Rave fashion= uglier than bald britney spears.

Except for this guy:
































But, to be honest, only because he's wearing a Burberry jacket.


Otherwise, he looks like a gay samurai.


Viva Hedi Slimane!


Note: As for me, I looked around my university campus and decided that I'm still the freshest thing around. Sooo, I'll stick to my Dior Homme Spring/Summer 2007 copping thank you very much. I've decided that if all these fucks around me start wearing super skinny jeans and italian shoes that I'll sorta cop Dior Homme Fall 2007 by buying a pair of military boots. However, I'm gonna buy the ugliest; dirtiest pair of military boots from the surplus store and then tuck my jeans in them. Fucking out-ridiculous all them ugly ass posers. But you know what? It'll still look better than that sorry ass gay samurai above.
Cheers

- J

1 comment:

P*ter Funk said...

Military Boots are so cyberpunk!

Is this your blog, Jeggi?